Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 GL450
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw your ML this weekend on 75th and it looks awesome, I like all the chrome accenting you did.

·
Registered
1999 Kleemann ML43K
1,390 Posts
Thanks and sorry I could not hook up with you this weekend

Icebergb28 - 5/9/2005 1:13 PM

I saw your ML this weekend on 75th and it looks awesome, I like all the chrome accenting you did.
I had Mother's Day on Saturday and Sunday. Too many in-laws to cover in one day. Did you put together your new clarion system Saturday?

Thanks for the compliments. I finally have the eye-catcher I wanted without too much ghetto bling-bling[not that there's anything wrong with that--just for someone else] . If I do anything more on the exterior it will be too much and not tasteful.

Still waiting to hear back from Kleemann on the prototype headers--no other firm out there has headers for sale for a '99 ml430. I definitely have a leak in the exhaust manifold or one or more of the exhaust headers. I can hear the wooosssshhh echo off of the trees in my heavily treed neck of the woods--now that they have leaves. I wanted to post pics today but the rain has blown that idea.

I just want to share the love to members of the board. [:D][;)]

I'm going to Wichita [I know how exciting] for a long weekend family reunion but I want to hook up this month when you are available.

Later--

John

·
Registered
2007 GL450
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE: Thanks and sorry I could not hook up with you this weekend

I took the clarion tv/dvd screen out and replaced it with a double din screen for more of a factory look.

I'll be availible pretty much anytime this month after the 14th. by the way, do you know anyone else who has an ML?, I've been looking at different car clubs and I've never seen just a "Luxury" car club set up...what do you think?

·
Registered
1999 Kleemann ML43K
1,390 Posts
I'd LOVE to participate in or even start a club

Icebergb28 - 5/10/2005 9:27 AM

I took the clarion tv/dvd screen out and replaced it with a double din screen for more of a factory look.

I'll be availible pretty much anytime this month after the 14th. by the way, do you know anyone else who has an ML?, I've been looking at different car clubs and I've never seen just a "Luxury" car club set up...what do you think?
But I don't have the time right now to organize an official "club". There are several dudes in Chicago that are posting here and I'm sure there are numerous lurkers on this site. As the w163 hits eight or so years old and there are so many MLs in this area you would think we can get a good size group together. There aren't many mod heads that I see on the road 99% of the MLs I see are bone stock--at least on the exterior but enthusiasts come in all shapes and sizes. There is a Chicago chapter of an official MB owners club but when I was a member there two years ago I was the only ML that showed up at events. it was a small group for sure. Maybe Drew and Frank would let us post a sticky on this site for an informal meeting this summer?!?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey guys
im an ML owner and am around NYC alot. I would be willing to meet as well if not just to drool at hooked up rides. :) i am a mod head but have done nothing to the ML yet. I bought 22's but have not put them on.

·
Registered
00 ML430,02 c230k co
151 Posts
RE: I'd LOVE to participate in or even start a club

Hey guys,I'd hook up with yuz...I'm in Hoffman Estates....lochs I've heard alot about you from Jerry I'd like to check out the mods if you guys want to shoot for a Sunday afternoon....I don't know about a club but a get together sounds cooool, [;)]

·
Registered
1999 Kleemann ML43K
1,390 Posts
That sounds cool to me too.

doyle613 - 5/11/2005 10:30 AM

Hey guys,I'd hook up with yuz...I'm in Hoffman Estates....lochs I've heard alot about you from Jerry I'd like to check out the mods if you guys want to shoot for a Sunday afternoon....I don't know about a club but a get together sounds cooool, [;)]
I'm up for a meet. I'm up in Arlington Heights some weekends each month so I could swing by then!

·
Registered
2007 GL450
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RE: I'd LOVE to participate in or even start a club

I agree, time is something I cant find much of these days, but i'd attend a few meets for sure...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts