Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2009 ML350 Base, 2006 E350 Base Sedan
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the location of the vapor canister purge valve on a 2006 E350 Base Sedan? Is it behind the right rear tire, or under the hood somewhere?

I have tried searching the forums and online, and have not found a definitive answer. This is for my son's car and I don't have ready access to it, but I want to know where to start looking when I do get a chance at it.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ottin and Konigstiger!

Ottin, yours is much more like what I'm expecting for the canister itself.

What I'm really trying to confirm is the purge valve location. Does it reside near the top of that canister?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it might actually be the one in the background of your last photo, Ottin.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe that what I am trying to find is in the engine compartment somewhere, I just haven't found exactly where yet.

There is a bigger valve over the canister behind the right rear wheel. I'm looking for one at the engine end.

Here's the part.

Attachments

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
21,941 Posts
It is held in by a round black rubber isolator that slides onto a holder.
Remove the electrical connector, remove the lines at both side of the valve and slide the old one with the rubber isolator.
Remove the rubber and place on new unit. Install in reverse order.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is the rubber isolator on the back of the canister. I'm trying to figure how to get the canister off the fender well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts