Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have your same year of car '97 E420 sport model with 197k miles on it. After repairing the ignition coil issue, and other issues I repaired. Now, I have a long start issue after the car is shut off and cooled down a bit 5-8 second key on before it starts up. I was going in the direction of dripping injectors or fuel pump relay starting to fail. Here is the bad news from what I have found out, Is that our '97 has a relay module and has several relays and fuses in an ECU style case near the main ECU in the engine compartment passenger side From my schematics it has the air pump, and engine/powertrain relay and fuel pump relay and fuses in this module. It should be the first module towards the front of the vehicle in the enclosure of the ECU. try unplugging the conn. a few times to clean them a bit, ecu connectors too, high mileage cars get loose terminals more than not, that will set codes and you will spend your money up and down and have the codes come right back. I will debug the fuel pump issue when I get a chance too, I have too many other cars to fix this week. I am a newbie to benz cars, have been and still a bimmer owner '76 2002 Ti (not Tii) and '94 5 series with 245k mi. This forum has already saved me time in searching for related issues on my car and I will give back what I can as often as I can.
Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.