Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just added a diagram with the location of all convertible top hydraulic cylinders to our website's FAQ section http://tophydraulicsinc.com/faq.html, and thought that would be useful on this forum - see jpg on the bottom of this post.

Also, a collaboration of several BenzWorld members created some very good, detailed removal instructions for all eight cylinders. Those removal instructions were compiled by Samit Gosh, with material from "vexed" and "thedon" provided with their permission. We have edited the document some more, added more photos, and are hosting the pdf document on our website. Thanks to the authors, and I think this will be a great help to all W124 convertible owners!

Here is the link to the removal instructions: http://tophydraulicsinc.com/E320 Hydraulic Cylinder Removal Manual.pdf

Hope this helps,

-Klaus

[email protected]

Here is the diagram in relatively low resolution - if you click on it, it should come out in slightly higher resolution, and you can find a crisp image in our website's FAQ section:

Attachments

·
Sith Lord
11,813 Posts
Thank you Klaus for the much valuable information.

It has been linked in the stickies for future reference and for all to benefit from.

Cheers!

·
Registered
23 Posts
my hydraulics work fine but who knows..
want to purchase a spare set and have them rebuilt
I have a spare pump

how often do you change the hydraulic oil? every other year?

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
rebuild your cylinders when one starts to leak. first one that leaks is usually the bow latch thats on the bottom side of the tonneau cover.. I pulled mine off the car in a day, shipped them off to Klaus, he had them rebuilt and back in my hands inside a week. I've got a spare car, so no biggie.

(if you rely on a 25 year old car as your daily driver, you had BETTER have backup, hahahaahah).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
E32095C
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing