Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1983 300D Turbo
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so once again I went out to the car to start working on repairing the lock system. This time though I thought I might look at the actuator in the door instead of just chasing vaccum lines that appear to be working anyways. So I get the door mouldings off and find that some knuklehead, idiot, who must not have liked the auto locking system, instead of doing the obvious (capping the vaccum line under the hood) went around to each door and removed the rod that connects the vaccum actuator to the locking mechanism. My entire locking system has been working fine the whole time!!!![:(!] Its just not connected to the locks. So to my question... Does anyone know where I can get the rods (one for each door(trunk seems untouched)) to fix this?? I Appreciate your thoughts.
Dave

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Dave, why don't you try asking AMSOIL-- if he has those rods for your car? I think he's parting out his other sedan, so might as well get those (and other tidbits you might find useful). Just helping here.

Here's the link:

http://www.mbnz.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1204541&posts=22&fid=10

Goodluck!

Oh and just to answer your question, Most often, odd parts can be found in parts cars.[:p]

A

·
0 Posts
Yes, again karugs is correct. I have entire doors, less just these rods u need. let me know if ur interested in having my rods, or whole mechanisms or whatever u think u may need to fix this grave security problem ur car seems to be having. not locking doors SUCK!!! mine have to locked inside, from the passenger side, reaching over every time. some genius thought he could get my "simple" looking doorlock open by pounding a flathead screwdriver in there while i was asleep. it didnt work out for him of course, only broke the tumblers inside, and the next morning, my key just turned and turned and did nothing, then the whole mechanism fell out when i removed the key. it turned out to be some crackhead bum or something. he left his prints ALL OVER the chrome on the drivers side, so the cops took them, compared them, and fetched him off to jail. CRIME DOESNT PAY DOES IT????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts