Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a G400 CDI 2002, W463

I have got a warning message that the additional waterpump is not working. This is the additional waterpump for use heating and cooling. This is the part 0005000386 - seekpart24.com (yes is a componet from the s-class)
The main pump on the webasto is working fine, but now the webasto is only warming up the engine not the compartment as it used to.

I am not an expert and need some help to locate the additional waterpump. It is so little space in the engine room, so it is hard to get to it. Maybe I need to take of the wheel and remove some of the caps to get to it?

Does anybody know where the additional water pump is mounted? Is it on the right side of the engine, opposite of the webasto device? I can see 2 devices on the right side that looks like a pump device, but I am not sure.

I apreciate all help!

Thank You!

G 400 CDI

·
Registered
2002 MB G400CDI-1992 MB 300E-24- 2005 Mini Cooper S
362 Posts
Hi I have a G400 CDI 2002, W463

I have got a warning message that the additional waterpump is not working. This is the additional waterpump for use heating and cooling. This is the part 0005000386 - seekpart24.com (yes is a componet from the s-class)
The main pump on the webasto is working fine, but now the webasto is only warming up the engine not the compartment as it used to.

I am not an expert and need some help to locate the additional waterpump. It is so little space in the engine room, so it is hard to get to it. Maybe I need to take of the wheel and remove some of the caps to get to it?

Does anybody know where the additional water pump is mounted? Is it on the right side of the engine, opposite of the webasto device? I can see 2 devices on the right side that looks like a pump device, but I am not sure.

I apreciate all help!

Thank You!

G 400 CDI

Do you mean an error which says problem on the hot waterpump??
I have the same error in my G400 CDI, but i checked it carefully and it says next to the error that a part is missing (cant remember the part no), so you can ignore the error

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Locate additional waterpump W463 G 400 CDI

Do you mean an error which says problem on the hot waterpump??
I have the same error in my G400 CDI, but i checked it carefully and it says next to the error that a part is missing (cant remember the part no), so you can ignore the error
Hi and thanks for your respond, the Mercedes workshop found the error and told me that the waterpump(additional) is not working. I have ordered a new one, but I am not sure where the pump is mounted? I have checked the fuses, but it seem alright.

Earlier when i started the webasto both enigne and compartment got warmed up, now its only the engine that is working. So far I have been told that the reason for this is that the additional waterpump is not working, the water is not beeing transported into the compartment... all help is very welcome! Thx G 400 CDI

·
Registered
2002 MB G400CDI-1992 MB 300E-24- 2005 Mini Cooper S
362 Posts
Hi and thanks for your respond, the Mercedes workshop found the error and told me that the waterpump(additional) is not working. I have ordered a new one, but I am not sure where the pump is mounted? I have checked the fuses, but it seem alright.

Earlier when i started the webasto both enigne and compartment got warmed up, now its only the engine that is working. So far I have been told that the reason for this is that the additional waterpump is not working, the water is not beeing transported into the compartment... all help is very welcome! Thx G 400 CDI
Well i ll check if my webasto heater warms the inside of the car, since i have the same error, but the last time i checked it worked.
And as far as i remember, the auxilliary heater doesnt turn on the engine, but it uses diesel and just heats the cabin:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2001 G400CDI
322 Posts
The auxiliary heater is something else, it is an electrically heater and is mounted on top of the engine well under the air filter. This one only works if activated from the IC (usually it is set on automatic) and only when engine running as it uses free ampers generated by the alternator.

The webasto heater is called stationary heater. This one uses diesel from the fuel tank to heat first the cabin and then a part of the engine coolant. It makes a flame out of the diesel and heats the passing water. Webasto has it's internal water pump which uses to circulate the water.

From my understanding, the additional or auxiliary / electrical water pump is not used when only webasto is running. I think that this one is used only to recirculate the water heating the cabin with residual heat from the engine, after the car stopped. It is activated by the REST button. It is located on the right side of the engine under the intake pipe. It can be seen easily and when ON it is heard to operate.

The reason I know this is because on my G400 this aux water pump is heard to try start and then stop, therefore I cannot use REST button as the water does not circulate and then cold air comes into cabin. No big deal, I prefer my engine to stay warm and use webasto if needed.
But, under this conditions, when I turn webasto ON, the cabin gets heated, and the engine also.

Hope it helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts