Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luke or anyone, can you tell me which tires in 225/40/18 and 255/35/18 have load ratings of at least 91 F and 92 R.
How important is it to match the load rating on my SLK230's original tires?
Thanks

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
the SLK does not have any special load requirements because it is not a heavy car like a C...

the SLK does not have any special load requirements because it is not a heavy car like a CL or an S-Class ... there are very few, if any tires that would not have the proper capacity

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: the SLK does not have any special load requirements because it is not a heavy car like a C

the SLK does not have any special load requirements because it is not a heavy car like a CL or an S-Class ... there are very few, if any tires that would not have the proper capacity
The SO3 225/40/18 does not have enough load bearing from their website which my SLK tyre placard needs a 91 (Australian delivered car). Do you think I can still fit them?
The P Zero and 9000 have enough laod bearing index on that size.

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
the recommended load capacity for an SLK is a tire that has a maximum load capacity of 1...

the recommended load capacity for an SLK is a tire that has a maximum load capacity of 1356 at 36 psi but, Mercedes recommends 30psi be used in the tires which gives you a placard load rating of 1201 lbs. and the 225/40-18 S-03 has a load capacity of 1235 @35psi ..... it will work perfectly you just need to run more than Mercedes recommneded pressure of 30psi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts