Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just did my own oil change using a Liquivac. I bought 9 qts. Mobil 1 0W40 and a MB oil filter for $80. I am wondering two things: Is a shop oil change better (letting the oil drip) compared to sucking it out of the pan? Also would the cost of changing oil at the shop be less than $80? Maybe I need to return the Liquivac and just do the oil changes at the local shop.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just ran into a new problem. I can't seem to unscrew the oil filter cap using the oil-filter-removal tool I bought from Lappens. It seems that the cap is screwed on too tight. A dealership told me they don't have the tool but can order it for me for around $30. What's the exact name of this tool and can I buy it online?

·
Registered
1995 C280, 2008 SLK 280 Edition 10, 2006 Cadillac STS
26 Posts
Buy the tool, it'll be worth it in the long run. As for the Liquivac. I've been using one for three years and have had no problems. As a matter of fact, it was the parts manager at the MB dealership who told me about it when I told him I didn't like having to remove the the lower shield to get to the drain plug.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts