Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4532507715&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:MT:1

·
Registered
560 SEC Supercharged(sold), E55 AMG, Renntech CL600 Bi-turbo, Porsche 928
1,989 Posts
Why on Earth would you put that up as a no reserve auction? Good luck but that is extremely risky given the slow market for 210 E55's. Are there any issues? Does it still have the stock E55 engine and tranny? Has it been wrecked, flooded, ETC?

·
Registered
233 Posts
210 e55's market is not all that slow for nice cars and a no reserve will get the real buyers off the bench.
Looks like somebody will get a nice car with some cool after market options, good luck to ya!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
210 e55's market is not all that slow for nice cars and a no reserve will get the real buyers off the bench.
I don't know what country you live in but from what I've seen on Ebay US the 210 E55 are very low $30K for low mileage 2002's and for a higher mileage 1999 you'd be lucky to get $20,000. That's just plain bad for a car that was between $68,000 and $70,000+ when it was new.

On the other hand, the 211 E55's are very strong.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/e55_Passenger-Vehicles_W0QQsacatZ6001

·
Registered
233 Posts
sittin on the side lines watching E-bay bids is not a fair view of what these cars are actually selling for unless the auction is no reserve.

Granted they are selling for a lot less then the 70+ they sold for new but luxo german hot rods are not purchased new or used as an appreciating asset, they were sold new and and will continue to be sold used because they look great, go like hell, and handle like they are from heaven.

So instead of jabbing people about what country they are from, and talking about a car on an e55 forum from a guy that does not even own one, you should just wish the seller the best of luck from what appears to be a nicely optioned 99 e55.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
So instead of jabbing people about what country they are from, and talking about a car on an e55 forum from a guy that does not even own one, you should just wish the seller the best of luck from what appears to be a nicely optioned 99 e55.
Yes, I own an E55. I do wish him the best of luck but it is a fact that these cars are not going for much money. Heck, look at the buy it now prices on the 2000+ E55's. That is low! A little over a year ago you could not even find a 1999 E55 for under 30,000 in good shape but now the same car brings $20,000.

It breaks my heart since I own a 210 E55. I think it's a great car but man does it lose value quickly. There are a few issues with build quality but most of those are tied to the interior and trim.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey everyone thanks for the compliments on my car. I have been trying to sell the car for a while now, not really aggresssive, I just ran an ad on autotrader and I had alot of responses but no actual buyers. I just decided to put it on Ebay to hopefully get some good exposure and a serious buyer. I am hoping to get mid twenties for the car, it has all its maintenance up to date and alot of very expensive goodies that further enhances the car. The hard part is to convince other of the value of these mods.

·
Registered
233 Posts
mid 20's is fair I hope you get it... but as you say the expensive mods are tough to justify.
Do you still have the stock wheels and if so I may be interested in them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do still have the stock AMG wheels and Michelin tires, but for now I will be keeping them with the car. I'll let you know if I change my mind

1 - 9 of 9 Posts