Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor
450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500se+500slAMG +250seStkW108 350sl4spdX3 500secEuro
22,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking for a link to the EPC and assumed that it would be in the EG v107.

Should there be a link to the EPC in the EGv107 ?

Just a suggestion... or opinion ... Opinions are like what?

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
1997 SL500- 40th Anniversary
7,166 Posts
I was just looking for a link to the EPC and assumed that it would be in the EG v107.

Should there be a link to the EPC in the EGv107 ?

Just a suggestion... or opinion ... Opinions are like what?
EPC-net Online

:)

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor
450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500se+500slAMG +250seStkW108 350sl4spdX3 500secEuro
22,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas. I should have known to search for "electronic parts catalog" not EPC.
I found:
"MB-USA Electronic Parts Catalog*** (Not Mac compatible)

So hey... maybe my opinion should be that it might be easier to find if it was listed as:

"MB-USA Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC)*** (Not Mac compatible)" instead.

Thank you both for the spoon-feeding. It tastes great! :)

·
Registered
1987 560SL (L.Tonk) [92,700 miles]
341 Posts
I vaguely recall this being mentioned before, but apparently I missed it.

The EPC site makes you sign up for a subscription, but the fee is (currently) $0.00 for NA vehicles! Only $12 for ROW so that's actually quite reasonable anyway. Wish I had known this a month ago -- would have saved me so much time!

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,487 Posts
The fee is zero for US residents.
The EPC lists Standard Spec. (Euro) models also. I am able to access the part numbers for my 500SL then check US models to see what is available after market and what I have to get from MB.

·
Premium Member
'72 350SL, '85 300D, '98 E320, '19 Subaru Outback (sold '14 GLK250)
10,459 Posts
The fee is zero for US residents.
The EPC lists Standard Spec. (Euro) models also. I am able to access the part numbers for my 500SL then check US models to see what is available after market and what I have to get from MB.
Big difference between free for NA and free for US :(

Canadians without US friends or other devious schemes would have to pay.

But, then there are the free Russian sites that likely cover more ROW cars (well they cover my Smart Car, which the US one does not). The linked one is organized a bit differently - by chassis for chassis parts and by engine type for engine parts.

·
Registered
1987 560SL (L.Tonk) [92,700 miles]
341 Posts
Odd.
The pricing options are "NA Passenger Car (free)" and "World Passenger Cars + Transporter ($12)". I guess they dynamically change the price based on IP address.

Could try connecting via a Tor proxy or something similar to fake a US IP, I suppose, but that would be devious indeed...

·
Outstanding Contributor
22,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Isn't the location detected by the credit card information? I don't recall providing my credit card info, but I could be wrong.

I also lost my login, so I created a new one. I found both in my email. So I've got two logins.

Is there any potential harm in providing your login to someone? Could a friend in any way charge your credit card?

If the account was linked to a credit card that was canceled after registering, I can't see how it would hurt to provide a login. Then again, I am MeKnowNothingMike.

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,841 Posts
Odd.
The pricing options are "NA Passenger Car (free)" and "World Passenger Cars + Transporter ($12)". I guess they dynamically change the price based on IP address.

Isn't the location detected by the credit card information? I don't recall providing my credit card info, but I could be wrong.

I also lost my login, so I created a new one. I found both in my email. So I've got two logins.

Is there any potential harm in providing your login to someone? Could a friend in any way charge your credit card?

If the account was linked to a credit card that was canceled after registering, I can't see how it would hurt to provide a login. Then again, I am MeKnowNothingMike.

The EPC is a free service provided by MB-USA. As such they choose to limit access to those with documentation of a US address. More than a few years ago the free subscription covered only NA production cars, and the paid offering was for US residents with ROTW vehicles. That demarcation has been dropped.

As to giving out a login, I for one can't imagine why anyone would risk that :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts