Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mentioned about how you lower cars. i've done suspension work for years and yes i do remove the lower rear suspension-arm bolt to remove the springs...its not exactly the best/safest way i admit. now if you don't use a spring compressor for the front springs then i'm curious as to how you do that exactly. i'm a freak about safety btw.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You have to disassemble the front wheel assembly, and lower it SLOWLY with a jack, spring falls out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
techB...for the front, this is all you need to do. Place the hydrolic jack under the control arm....

<br> and jack it up to support the control arm. Then remove the bottom shock screw, right next to it, remove the two small sway bar bolt. Now you are done with that part. Get under the car and remove two 4 inches. control arm screw. Use the hammer to knock out the screw or if you jack up the control arm at the right angle, you should be able just to pull aout the screw. Once the two screw is out, you then release/lower the jack slowly (just like you would lower the car after changing the tire)and the spring just fall out (it does not pop out as many people think). The rear you do the same thing except that is easier because there is only one control arm screw. Just as Hai at [email protected] how easy it was when he help me do his car twice. You know what, if i did not promised Randall, i would make a video and just and just give it to who's ever need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts