Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350 + AMG Kit
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know for sure that Quaife do not produce Limited Slip Differential for SLK 350. They do for SLK 55 AMG instead.:crybaby2:

They would do on request BTW for the 350. They told me so.
They said Mercedes People is not Tuning Like People.

So if anyone is interested in having the LSD on a 350 please let me know.

Maybe if we are more then one or two they will produce that for us.

The LSD is 100% lockable and has a "LIFETIME Warranty"!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
SLK350 sport package black 040
245 Posts
Cixi, please ask for the price and what´s about the installation? Italy? Would be a very nice option... ;)

·
Registered
SLK 350 + AMG Kit
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got this reply from Quaife:

Dear Cixi,

We would like to produce this version. We have already taken to pieces a final drive and identified that there is no product available for this particular car. We have thought about producing it but the demand is low, so the price gets more expensive, because it would only get produced in low volumes.

I predict that there is a maximum demand of 10 units per year, and that would make the project unviable.

The picture on the CK website looks like a Quaife, and I will ask them if it is available or just an imaginary product.
Certainly Quaife unaware of anything for "V6 models" and I suspect they are assuming that because a particular unit fits one Mercedes V6 car, then it will also be suitable for the SLK350. We know this is not correct.

I bet £100 that CK have never tried to install one!
I will check with them and see whatever they actually have knowledge of this conversion. A lot of the UK websites promise stuff they cannot deliver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts