Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my fog light i guess, the one when u pull on the switch to turn on , its burnt , what kind of a bulb is it i need to replace it i use the fogs all the time here i love the extra wide vision , any help is appreciated thanks

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Hey, Hamilton...
They should be H1 bulbs, available at any decent parts store.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
It's an H1... and it may not be the bulb... these cars have a tendency to burn the actual plug... happened to mine and from what my dealer said it's pretty common.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill check it all out its pretty tight down there when u got the kompressor motor , big difference from the regular 230 but thanks boys h1 it is the one , keep on benzin':)

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
ill check it all out its pretty tight down there when u got the kompressor motor
Yeah the only reason I knew something wasn't right is the connector would not come off the bulb so I could replace it... it had welded itself to the bulb prongs so I had to contort myself to see down there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Remove the air filter assembly and there is plenty of room to get at the back side of the lights. The assembly can be removed by pulling, gently but firmly, straight upward on my '99 C230K. There are 3 rubber prongs which fit into rubber grommets in the frame.

My fog lights are welded to the connector as well. Is there a DIY fix?? I was unable to see where/if the cables disconnect. The cables are brittle and the insulation cracked each time I moved them. Definite signs of heat distress.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts