Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all
I am not able to locate the position/tail lights relays on 2002 w210 2.7CDI estate. Any pics or hints

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on guys
Light relays - where are they? Behind the instrument cluster?
Any hint will be dearly appreciated

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Renault12ts

I have been in there and found only 3 relays, yet non of them were connected to the illumination?! Do I need to remove the fuse holder completelly? I've only removed, let say, first layer (6 screws).
A photo or couple of pages from a workshop manual will do wonders...

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Dear all
I am not able to locate the position/tail lights relays on 2002 w210 2.7CDI estate. Any pics or hints

Thanks in advance
Exterior lights are controlled by N7/1 module. No external relays. What are you trying to fix? Using test light check fuses on the side of the module.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Witek M for your replay
My tail and park ligths on the right side are out having ground on both wires. I've tracked it down to an imaginary relay as this seemed to be plausibel (relays can burn through with this result). However it could be this switch you are reffering to as I have experienced some weird connections inside the lighting fuse box when operating the switch. It could be worth a shot to replace the switch with second hand one. Otherwise I'll re-wire the mentioned lights with an auxiallary relay and this should do the work.
Other good suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Thank you Witek M for your replay
My tail and park ligths on the right side are out having ground on both wires. I've tracked it down to an imaginary relay as this seemed to be plausibel (relays can burn through with this result). However it could be this switch you are reffering to as I have experienced some weird connections inside the lighting fuse box when operating the switch. It could be worth a shot to replace the switch with second hand one. Otherwise I'll re-wire the mentioned lights with an auxiallary relay and this should do the work.
Other good suggestions are appreciated.
If you rewire anything you will end up with continuous warning "Lamp Defective" Would wiring diagram help?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Witek M
Thanks for the replay
Well, I do have lamp warning on continuosly right now and no tail nor parking rigth on the right side of the vehicle which can potentially mean stopping by the police and fine...
The wiring diagram will be dearly appretiated.
Thanks in advance

In general if someone is in possesion of a workshop manual(s) for w210 I'll be more than happy to buy it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks mate
I'll give it a go for troueshooting and revert with the result (if any) ASAP
Best regards

1 - 11 of 11 Posts