W140 S class, E31 850Ci, XC90 Exec AWD geartronic
My dash lights seem to dim and the yellow light bulb icon warning signal in the dash comes on every time i hit the brake.
When i turn the lights on at night, the yellow warning bulb signal in the dash is on all the time and i have noticed that the brake light assembly in the center bottom of the back windshield is all the times when i have the lights on at night...
None of my lights seem to be out or not working..
Has anyone had this problem and do you know how to fix it?
Classic symptoms of a poor earth.
(1) Check all lamps (esp the rear) for moisture penetration - clean and dry out if necessary
(2) Check connectors for correct seating
(3) Check the din connectors for corrosion and treat with WD40 and clean if necessary.
(4) Check the bulb seating in the rear lamp for corrosion.
(5) Check the bulbs (esp the brake bulbs) for correct type and seating - Changing all three (inc high level) may solve the problem.