Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Mercades Benz owner I have a 1983 300d turbo That I have picked up in working on. This is my first Mercedes and also first semi car project. Since I bought the car the gauge cluster lights have not been working. I have changed the dimmer switch as well as running a wire on the back Mercedes source says. I have also tried replacing lightbulbs. The weird part is that the lighting on P R N D S L Lights up. But I have no gauge lights nor climate control lighting up. I am very stumped if anyone could help me out I’d really appreciate it

·
Registered
1999 E320 - 2012 Porsche Cayman
486 Posts
Check the out side of the fuse that is associated with the circuit the fuse may look good but be bad.
Ground is very importatnt for lighting to work , you may have to experiment with temporary grounds to see if you can get a circuit to work
also could be that one or more of the traces on the back of the dash pod are bad. Before you get into that just bypass dimmer and see if that works , if not run a separate ground from the dash pad to a good ground , see if that helps. also several of the areas that are dark , if I recall may be associated with a rudimentary fiber optic that MB used. a little light tube that gets its light source from a bulb, sometimes they fall out , or the bulb is bad

·
Registered
W123 300CD, W123 300TD, W202 C250D Turbo
116 Posts
Are you getting 12v from the light switch to the cluster on Pin 11 (Grey/Green/Violet) that goes into the dash ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts