Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'05 C240 Wagon
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 C-Class with the original bulbs. I had before a 98 E320 with xeon bulbs. i felt that were brighter than the projections. I have been looking at the phillips bulbs, but there are so many versions. are any of them even an upgrade?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just upgraded to Osram Night Breakers from standard halogens a few days ago, and so far Im pleased with them. The brightness is much better than standard ones, and the light color is noticably whiter from the standard ones which looked yellowish. got them from ebay for $50 shipped from a guy in montana, aparently the only person on ebay selling them in the US.
I have also read a lot of good reviews for the Philips X-treme bulbs, those run for about the same price as the Night Breaker bulbs.

·
Registered
'05 C240 Wagon
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
osram is so much easier than the phillips line. i cant tell what bulb of theres is a HID look....

anybody else use phillips bulbs? ones that are a lot brighter and travel farther than the originals?

·
Registered
99 E430, 01 E430 Sport, 00 SL500
3,266 Posts
I think California's vehicle code prohibits white headlights unless they were installed by manufacturers i.e. getting approved by the state. Cops will give out tickets to violators.
I used Philips VisionPlus. It's true when they claimed 25-50ft longer beam.

·
Registered
'05 C240 Wagon
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think California's vehicle code prohibits white headlights unless they were installed by manufacturers i.e. getting approved by the state. Cops will give out tickets to violators.
I used Philips VisionPlus. It's true when they claimed 25-50ft longer beam.
not where im at. there are so many 80/90's honda kids with super bright white lights. also tons of trucks with blue lights and some people with yellow bulbs. cops dont give a crap. ive been driving my 1970 porsche for over a year with a german front plate. they dont have the time or even care.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts