Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Mercedes ML500 special edition
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I've been really wanting to lift my ml500 and set it up for off road the short wheel base and good power and torque I figure it would be a beast lifted with some mud tires and a snorkel set up but I can't find a lift kit at all for it so my question is is there any kits anyone knows of or maybe a kit from some other vehicle I know they can be lifted I've saw photos but where are these parts found?
Photo for similar goals reference

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
1,532 Posts
Just scroll down the post a few on the w163 main page and you will find.

This question gets asked so much and the answers have not changed.

·
Registered
2005 Mercedes ML500 special edition
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also about 10k titles to scroll while at work with shit service easier to just ask 💁‍♂️

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
1,532 Posts
Also about 10k titles to scroll while at work with shit service easier to just ask 💁‍♂️
Your fineno problem
the Benz world search is terrible
Best to google:
“Benz world w163 (year) ml lifting”
Or similar

You can omit the year and exact model depending if not year specific.

·
Registered
2002 ML 320
35 Posts
i'll help.

REAR
two things you can do
add spacers that go on top of the strut (+1'-1.5")- depending on spacer
add new springs -- you can do springs and spacers together (+2 or more for a bit extra I believe and honestly if your gonna do the work for springs just do the spacers as well
eBay search w163 spacers and the springs are called King Springs out fo Australia. The same company sells both I believe

once you know what the spacers look link you can find a few more dealers stateside via google search

FRONT
torsion bars are easy to lift without swapping anything. there is a giant bolt at the end of the bar ( under the front doors)
you can crank the bolt so the car lifts or lowers- what's happening is you are adjusting an arm connected to the torsion bar that raises and lowers the wheel on the other side fo the torsion bar.
you can get three inches I believe. the arm that you adjust where the bolt is, you can take that off and reindex it. it has splines like a gear, just mark where it was stock and put it back on in a new position so the arm can is now starting at a new height, then you adjust the bolt the same way.

If you lift the front your shocks will be stretched out and won't have as much travel as they did before for dampening. You can get F-150 shocks that work, they are the same hookup just taller so you regain some of the dampening ability you lost. I dont have a part number i have to dig for that, let me know if you need it

·
Registered
1999 E55 AMG
14 Posts
If you lift the front your shocks will be stretched out and won't have as much travel as they did before for dampening. You can get F-150 shocks that work, they are the same hookup just taller so you regain some of the dampening ability you lost. I dont have a part number i have to dig for that, let me know if you need it
Please do post the part number for those shocks...that or the year of F150 they're meant to go on, and whether they're front or rear (on the Ford). I'm doing the same lift right now. I may only index the bars 1 tooth as I'm worried about the shock issue. Availability of shocks would ease that worry though for sure.

Also trying to find those rear strut spacers. On eBay there's a guy who wants $179 for his. The other set that's $100 is in Russia and likely at least a month out. I need this done in about a week. Anyone have leads on another set?

·
Registered
1999 E55 AMG
14 Posts
Doing more research I found a page that refers to 1999 Ford F150 front shocks being the ones I should be after. I'll be ordering them up and will report back if they fit.

Looking for a skid plate too...on another note...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts