Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes E350 2012 4 matic P1
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was noticing ticking noise from my engine bottom right side looking from the front. Nothing loud i thought it was injector's

I took it to the dealer for service A, they said they will need to replace the lifter's ?

is this is a big job ? cause noise is not loud unless you pop the hood open and go close.

I went in for a regular service A and they said we need to change the lifter ?

What is your opinion can this go bad on a 2009 E350 ? or is the dealer want to do some warranty work ?

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI, 2009 ML320 Bluetec, 2009 GL320 Bluetec
1,476 Posts
How is the oil pressure?

What viscosity of oil are you using?

·
Registered
2002 honda civic (sold), 2009 Mercedes ML350
1,344 Posts
i have yet to see any of the new cars needs lifters. older cars with 112/113 engines yes but not the 272/273 engine. replacing lifters on on 09 e350 is alot of work. but i highly doubt the lifters are bad.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have yet to see any of the new cars needs lifters. older cars with 112/113 engines yes but not the 272/273 engine. replacing lifters on on 09 e350 is alot of work. but i highly doubt the lifters are bad.
Well that is what the dealer told me and they suggested i have it done. Yes it all covered under warranty but hate to change something if that is not the problem.

I am no techie i have basic knowledge on cars. I guess i really have no choice but let the dealer do the work.

If i tell them i don't want the work done then something goes wrong then it may not be covered under warranty.

I just let them do the work and hopefully it will solve the problem

again it not loud noise you can only hear it in a garage and or when you lift the hood on idle. very light injector noise it does not bother me but it was recommended by the dealer to have it changed. they said 100% it is the lifter, they ordered the part to have it replace tomorrow.

will keep you posted thanks..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update just got back from the dealer they insist and diagnose as 2 bad lifters.

Parts will be in today, they will work on replacing the lifter's

I also asked them to change my Oil and filter to make sure they have the right viscositiy and oil pressure suggested by previous post.

I told the dealer it may not be the lifter's it just could be low oil pressure or different type of oil.

They insisted we have been doing this for 30 year's and we know what causing the ticking noise it not loud at all only when you lift the hood.

I guess i have to take there word for it and proceed with the replacement of the lifter's

I will have to pay for the oil change and filter but atleast i will feel comfortable.

Will update the progress after i pick it up today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
'02 ML320 rattletrap at 118K miles
56 Posts
Thanks, Moderator!

Thank you for looking out for those of us reading the ancient posts!
unfortunately, I am still trying to fix a rattly ml320/w112.

I like the 'got rid of it' solution. I just did that with a Cayenne. Drove great. fixed terrible.

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,982 Posts
You are welcome.
If I recall his did get fixed at the dealer under warranty. His was a M272 engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts