Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with 2010 or 2011 successfully subscribed to lifetime mbrace for $299? I read those converting from teleaid were given a lifetime option.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did the switch, but it costs you a minimum of $240 for the year, at least on my 2010. I had signed up for 5 years of TeleAid for $844. TeleAid is out to screw you anyway they can. They refuse to return any of the money. TeleAid is expensive and will fraudulantly take your money. No wonder MB switched.

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI, 2009 ML320 Bluetec, 2009 GL320 Bluetec
1,476 Posts
Either way its a waste of money. You get better support from a Garmin Nuvi and that cell-phone on your hip.

You already have Bluetooth, so why have TWO of the same thing?

I never renewed either service on any of our vehicles.

When I did have it, I think I used it once and realized the cell phone was quicker and more accurate.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Switch

Will someone please enlighten me about Mbrace vs. Tele-aid? I got several letters in the mail from Mbrace intimating I would have no service if I did not switch to them and making it look like it was just an upgrade from Tele-aid. What happened with Tele-Aid? I still have it. Should I switch to Mbrace?

·
Registered
2007 GL450, '12 Porsche Panamera, '96 F250 4x4 Powerstroke
229 Posts
We switched, and paid the $299 lifetime fee. I think that offer is only available for current Teleaid customers. It seemed reasonable to me, mainly just for the safety features in case of an accident, flat tire, etc. I won't use it for anything else. There is an iPhone and Blackberry app available to lock / unlock your cars. It didn't work on my phone, something is strange.

I just liked the fact that they would call authorities if the car was in an accident, as well as help track it down if it was stolen. If I keep it for 3 or 4 more years, the $299 doesn't seem too bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The lifetime deal was only available to a select few. It was targeted to Teleaid subscribers that had a model year 2009, purchased within a certain time window. I don't believe anyone with a 2010 or 2011 were eligible, but it may be worth a call to mbrace to push them on the matter. As to wording of the offer, the word 'upgrade' is misleading. Mbrace is just a replacement service for newer MB customers. Those currently on teleaid still get the same basic service, and will continue in the future. If you compare the 2 carefully, you should see that they both offer safety and peace of mind. For those with newer MB's, mbrace is your only choice,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts