Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had to change this so far? I've got an annoying intermitent lose connection of some sort. One of the two license plate illumination bulbs goes out and i have to hit the thing to get it to come on. I assume the bulb contacts have some corrosion on then and i'll need to clean them. There are two phillips head screws on the main housing but there is also a center stud that might need to removed from the inside. This is my question...(If anyone knows)Do I have to go through the hastle of removing the deck lid liner to get to this nut? <br> <br> You might be asking why I just don't ahve the dealer do this. Well...after my last few fixes I'd rather do it myself!<br> <br> Thanks for any input.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Unfortunately, you would have to take out liner. There's no other way to access the bulb.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I have changed mine . . .

Open your trunk and remove the carpet then carefully use a screw driver to take the bulbs out and replace them with the new ones.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
thanks...argh!...i guess that's another hour or so this wknd...

makes no sense why they'd put outer screws...they should have just kept them all hidden..if one is hidden..why not all?

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, 10 minutes is how long it took me too.

Yep, 10 minutes is how long it took me too.<br> <br>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts