Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes this was too good to be true. I work for Lexus, however our customers have other models as well. This particular customer likes the work we do and wanted his 2001 C55 AMG serviced. I could not believe it! I was thinking misprint. Nope, there it was, black on black. It had 5K miles so it had been "broke in". You can surmise as to what happened next. It shifts into 5th at 120 mph and lays you back. I could go on and on but I won't. I didn't know that this car was so special.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lextech.<br>where are you located..?<br>I am particularly interested in how can this customer get a C55 AMG in US....?<br>I am curious how many are those in US..????<p>Regardz,<p>J Irwan

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume you mean a E55 which is a current available AMG/MB model. The only C55 I am aware of is a Brabus modified car which is not a AMG modified vehicle.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Lexus tech looks at next repair order.............C55 AMG

Brian, <br>There are actually certain number of C55 AMG produced.<br>It was on the AMG website a while ago.<br>These are special order directly from AMG.<br>These are basically W202 C43 AMG body with E55 Engine.<br>These are not Brabus Tuned. Brabus don't have 5.5l engine. I think they have 5.7l or 5.8l I forgot. Or they might have 5.5l engine.<br>But these C55 AMG is AMG tuned not Brabus tuned.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Lexus tech looks at next repair order.............C55 AMG

Wow, I have three clients I have sold E55's to and that is a phenominal motor. In a C class I could not even imagine. Thanks for the insight.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lexus Air Suspension

Does anyone know why a front strut for a '91 LS400 (air suspension) costs so darn much? I can't believe the price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts