Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
'97 SL500, '02 C320, '00 ML320
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and only because i'm ready for one of my dream cars... the NSX. This isn't a for sale thread, yet. She's at the body shop getting her faded rear bumper repainted. It's going to kill me to do it, but i think the NSX is worth it.

I have to do one last photoshoot with her new wheels and painted bumper. It's in very good condition. The paint is near perfect, many a couple of very fine scratches. The interior is also in excellent shape with the exception of the wear on the driver's side seat bolster. Drivetrain is smooth and healthy. It's a 97 with 81k. So I'm looking to get some ideas on what i should price it at. I'm thinking 12k? I know the market is tough out there but i want her to go to a good home as she comes from one.

Most recent pics can be found here, just look for my username.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r129-sl-class/1354867-r129-photo-gallery-photos-only-please-48.html

·
Registered
'96 SL500, Triple Black
1,650 Posts
NSX!?!?!?! You KNOW you're going to get blasted for that on this forum. :D

Hey, seriously though good luck with the new one. Always fun to get that 'dream car' you want.

·
Registered
'91 500SL, '92 300E, '65 Mustang
305 Posts
NSX!?!?!?! You KNOW you're going to get blasted for that on this forum. :D

Hey, seriously though good luck with the new one. Always fun to get that 'dream car' you want.
You called that one.
Why are you going to degrade yourself to an ACURA/HONDA?! i know they are quick, and handle well, but they are overpriced. Also, its an acura... the only head turns you well get is because they think its an old ferrari, and then they see its an acura and turn away.
SAY NO TO ACURA!

·
Registered
2000 :W220 - 1986 W201: 16v Nam,16v Euro- 2002:SL500 Silver Arrow.2002:Avalanche-
2,263 Posts
This is should be your dream car , it can beat that NSX at no time...hehehe...

·
Registered
1997 SL500, 1948 Rover 75 P3, 1984 Citroen 2CV, 1953 BSA Bantam D1, 1966 Velosolex Moped
1,141 Posts
You called that one.
Why are you going to degrade yourself to an ACURA/HONDA?! i know they are quick, and handle well, but they are overpriced. Also, its an acura... the only head turns you well get is because they think its an old ferrari, and then they see its an acura and turn away.
SAY NO TO ACURA!
Please excuse Andrew. He has just had a very bad week with regard to NSXs, (See his thread) and you've just gone and rubbed salt in his wounds.....;).
Regards
Steve

·
Registered
Departed 1998 SL500 (and the Pano is in Bogota)
11,116 Posts
Well in the USA, NSX is a Acura, not a Honda. That may make it just a bit easier for Andrew to swallow.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You called that one.
SAY NO TO ACURA!
I saw your thread and I am sorry for your loss :p. Like the R129, the NSX was one of the most innovative and advanced cars of its time. I don't see it as a downgrade. There are still 2 MBs in the stable to satisfy that need.

·
Registered
'91 500SL, '92 300E, '65 Mustang
305 Posts
In terms of Acuras or women?
i meant our cars (r129) deserve more respect....

Please excuse Andrew. He has just had a very bad week with regard to NSXs, (See his thread) and you've just gone and rubbed salt in his wounds.....;).
Regards
Steve
from the thread, i recieved much support and my wound turned into a scar. This was more like a knife to cut open my skin where the scar was, and then put salt on it. :mad:

Well in the USA, NSX is a Acura, not a Honda. That may make it just a bit easier for Andrew to swallow.
I dont swallow, and it is still an Acura! :p

I saw your thread and I am sorry for your loss :p. Like the R129, the NSX was one of the most innovative and advanced cars of its time. I don't see it as a downgrade. There are still 2 MBs in the stable to satisfy that need.
Nothing innovative about a 3.5 liter 6cyl car thats light.
And what are those needs that need satisfying? because i dont know if the 2 MBs can do it as well as the r129!

·
Registered
'02 Mercedes SL500 Silver Arrow
358 Posts
I will agree with others and say yes to the NSX. i saw one last week and it looked really good.

The most important is that its a dream car and thats more than enough reason.

Same like the R129 is for lots of us here.

Letting her go though . . must be painful !

·
Registered
95 sl500, AMG - F/R Brakes, Exhaust, Wheels. RennTech - ECU, CF Airbox. H&R Sport Springs. K&N
1,028 Posts
I love the NSX. actually my license plate has nsx in it "FROM MY BENZ DEALER" but i do love that car and i would not have a hard time giving my sl up for one.

CONGRATS GOOD move. POST PICS!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So here is the replacement for my beloved SL.

Here's my quick and dirty photoshoot I did after work today. It's the first shoot since purchasing the car back in December.

·
Registered
1997 SL500, 1948 Rover 75 P3, 1984 Citroen 2CV, 1953 BSA Bantam D1, 1966 Velosolex Moped
1,141 Posts

Here's my quick and dirty photoshoot I did after work today. It's the first shoot since purchasing the car back in December.
All BS put to one side, it's a lovely car and undoubtedly a future classic. You'll have to get used to spanking it to 9000 rpm, but I bet it makes a 129 feel like the Queen Mary. Rumour has it that Honda lost money on every one they sold. I don't see them often in the UK, maybe 2 or 3 a year.

Regards
Steve

·
Greek God of the R129
SL500-500SEL-190E
8,391 Posts

Traitor. ;) Lol.

Regards,
aam.

·
Registered
Look Below besides my DH Mountain and XC bikes
595 Posts
NSX's are nice cars.. A colleague owns the Zenardi edition white 6 speed, I would still want a last year 300ZX-TT or a 3rd generation RX-7 (I owned one, modded the piss out of it, solid it, and miss it).. albeit demographics constitues ownership enjoyment, It was and is a good choice in the end for you..

I'm eyballing a first gen Miata to do a 13B tri-rotor twin turbo swap to replace my Oettinger Cabriolet .. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts