Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
21 - 40 of 429 Posts
CLK3.GS3 - 5/22/2005 11:18 PM

I would never have guessed your SLK was a 99. I avoided a red SLK thinking it would be difficult to keep up the shine. What are you using ByebyeAmericanpie?
I use different things depending on what I need at the time. The most aggressive system I use is the Mequiers 3 step system.

1. Clay the entire car then Paint cleaner/swirl remover applied with a Porter Cable DA unit.
2. Polish step applied with the PC,
3.(this is where I diverge from Meguiers recommended process) I use either S100 (Same as P21S) paste wax or Mequiers #26 yellow wax applied by hand.

When I finish this process, the car is 100% swirl free and glows like Rudolphs nose!

Other times I will use Mequiers NXT or Zymol when I dont need an agggressive cleaning step.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
I switched from Zymol to Meguiar's NXT. The day I did this I parked in some shade and when I returned to my car, there was tree sap all over it. With a quick wash, the sap came off very easily. Plus the shine is great too.

Attachments

After just a wash.. and a quick one at that. Use Meguiars Step 1 cleaner and Step 2 polish, and the gold class wax for a step 3. Did all three steps about 3 months ago, and did just a wax about a month ago before a 3000 mile road trip.

This car is for sale too!

21 - 40 of 429 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.