Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1984 500sel
35 Posts
Is it too soon to talk about parting him out.. I like those rims.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Well...Yeah,....

These things do happen. A car is just a car, and no matter what happens, the best thing that one can remind oneself is that car protected you to it's end.

My sister just wiped the side of her '88 124 300TE out a few days ago. The car, had been driven by my sister and her husband for 70K faultless miles. The only sinificant thing that went down on the car, was the exhaust. Mid muffler to rear needed to be replaced. No other problems to even mention. Regular servicing, and nothing else. Original paint, not even a smidgen of rust(southern car), soulful engine.

This is tough-stuff. I was the one who took care of the car when it needed to be detailed. My father took care of the mechanical bits while I observed and assisted. I hope my sister never forgets how good that car was to her. How it never let her down. Not once in over 3 years of relentless city driving.

...This is how MB earned the title "Unlike any other".

Sorry to self-center, but I felt it needed to be shared. I hope all is well.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Nothing like an old 126 when it’s accident time. As noted in another thread: all the more reason to take car of our cars – this one’s more than likely to be parted out and crushed.

·
Registered
380SEC EURO
1,430 Posts
Another one bites the dust... [:(]

·
Registered
500 SEL Lorinser
40 Posts
they are the original AMG rims, I am sure there would be a line to purchase them.

·
Registered
mercedes 350sdl, 2005 ML350, 1991 300E 2.6 to 3.0, 1988 300E
165 Posts
Those wheels are worth more that the car, seller says they are MOMO , I say AMG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts