Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 300SD, 95 E320
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all:

wondering if anyone has ideas as to why my left front side is lower than the right front side by 1"?

it's not the tire pressure ... same on both sides.
could it be springs? shocks?

what's the normal height clearance from ground to the top of the wheel well arch?

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
My 91 300e had this problem stated by the original owner in the service records. The dealer replaced the front springs as they probably sank a little over the years and the car started to sit funny. Pretty square now all the way around but sits a hair lower in front prob due to engine sag.

·
Registered
55 Posts
hi

i had the same problem but the owner before me had
changed the left side springs(front and rear)
but forgot to look at the colour of the old springs
they work with 3/4 types of springs(red/black/blue/yellow)
so he putted a smaller type on it
also the left side(passengerside) of a car is always full of mud and sand more than the right side(driversside)
look at the colour code of your springs and dont forget to change the rubber on top of the springs
they are also in 3 types (height)

good luck

grtz.wallietax

·
Registered
85 300SD, 95 E320
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx guys for the input .. . any ideas of the cost for parts and labour for the job?

anyone else have ideas if this is what's causing the difference in heights?

·
Registered
2002 CL55 AMG, 1993 190E 2.3L, 2004 SLK320 Sport
1,733 Posts
Almost all w124 sag a little on the driver's side. There is more weight on that side because, the motor sits a bit more to the left side of the engine bay. This also means that you might need to replace your coils. Maybe one of the coils on your springs is broken?
This was my problem! My car used to sag on the driver's side due to a broken coil. I replaced all the coils with performance springs........

·
Registered
68 280 SEL, 89 300TE
906 Posts
Just lighten the load by going to the gym[:D]

·
Registered
2002 CL55 AMG, 1993 190E 2.3L, 2004 SLK320 Sport
1,733 Posts
IF INTERESTED! 124via126
Hey George, are you interested in that trunklid? It's in great condition(white) and NO RUST on it what-so-ever $75.
I also have a pair of clear corners $40.
Thanks, Spiros A.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts