1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81' 300D, 82 300TD
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so all my other foot areas are dry except the rear left

i have done a search and have found that it might be the windsheild

but apart frokm ripping out teh entire interior and having someone spray down my car how do i confirm this

or how do i find out what is causing the leak

i read koolaid?

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,181 Posts
easy way is to have a buddy spray the front windshield in the front left corner....and from in the car - watch that corner - over the instrument panel and see if water is creeping around the seal under the glass and into your interior...

there are a few other options as well
Jake

·
Registered
1984 300td-like new
2 Posts
I had the same problem. It happened even when it hadn't been raining nor had I washed the car. It turns out that the air conditioning (condensor??) drain tube had rotted away, and instead of sending the water taken out of the air by the air conditioner to the ground outside, it was dumping it into the floor pan, which then sent it by gravity to back seat floor pan area. The drain are in the console area.

·
Registered
81' 300D, 82 300TD
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so what route does the drian for the sunrook take so i can un plug it, and how should i unplug it? unbent wire hanger???

i assume it is the sunroof dealy, just makes more sense

thanks in advance people

·
Registered
424 Posts
Take out the carpets. Check the inner sillboards. The area around the seat-belt fixation and the seat console is likely to be affected by rust, if the car is suffering from leaks.

The sunroof has four drainholes. The both in the front go through the a-pillar into the fenders, if you put water in there, it has to come out at the drainholes under the front fenders (where the fender is fixed).

The rear holes go thrugh the c-pillars into the degassing grid, where it has to come out.

But don't be fixed on the sunroof. The windshield is a possibility, the rearwindow as well, the heads of the sillboards (take out the plastic covering) and - to me most likely - rust under the bonnet hinge. If there's a hole in the plate, water runs into the sillboards rusting its way to the cabin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts