Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for quite some time the left passenger window hasnt been able to roll down and we had to use suction cups to keep it up and not going down. does anyone have a tutorial on how to open up the door or even fix this problem? all the other windows work including the sunroof. thanks

·
Registered
'99 2.3L Kompressor
1,944 Posts
There are links here in this forum to the youtube videos that show how to get into the front doors so you might want to do a search. The rear door is going to be very similar with the screws in a few different places.

·
Registered
mercedes sl280
6 Posts
hi i just took the inside door pannel off my c230 and i dont know how to get the glass in the runner as there is just a piece of rubber then the runner you any ideas mate cheers chez

·
Registered
Mercedes C180 95'
20 Posts
Did you check the power window switch first? mine had the same problem but luckily its the switch had accumulated cabon deposit at the copper contact. Simply test: swap with another working power window switch to see if it solves the problem; if so, disassemble that faulty switch and give it a good clean inside with sand paper and contact cleaner.

·
Registered
1995 C220
2,800 Posts
Definitely check the switch first. Put your ear to the door and work the switch. If you hear a noise, its the window regulator. If nothing, its either motor or switch. However, if window wants to slide down on you, I am 99% sure its gotta be a broken cable or plastic on the window regulator.

I dont have a tutorial on taking panel off, but its a good idea to find one. There are definitely some hidden screws, and if you pry in the wrong spot you will break something for sure. I would recommend going to harbor freight and getting some plastic pry tools so the chance of damaging the trim is lessened.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts