Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
C240 (w202), V-6, 170 hp. 188,200 km, Y2K model yr. Obsidian Black metallic color. H&R Cup Kit.
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After aftermarketing up to larger wheels (18's) and a stiffened suspension (h&r cup kit), my left front tire keeps hitting inside the wheel well. My right front tire is just fine. Bear in mind also that I drive on the right side like cars in England. I've swapped springs and shocks from side to side to see if it was a suspension problem. But it appears that after swapping, the problem still exists. I am now forced to think if somehow the "car" is the problem. Everytime I come upon a hard bump or low dip, the left seems to just touch the tire.

Any insight or suggestions anyone?

[?][V]

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
most likely there is an issue with the car ... maybe some worn suspension bushings allow...

most likely there is an issue with the car ... maybe some worn suspension bushings allow the lower control arm to move ....

·
Registered
C240 (w202), V-6, 170 hp. 188,200 km, Y2K model yr. Obsidian Black metallic color. H&R Cup Kit.
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Luke...

Tomarrow I am going to the dealer to check or replace all my suspension bushings. My car now has nearly 70,000 kilometers (43,750 miles) on the odonmeter and the roads where I live are horrendous and very abusive to the car's suspension. I should hope that in replacing the suspension bushings in the lower control arm, I will solve the problem of my front left tire hitting into my car's body.

Your insight and time in reading into this matter is appreciated. I will also respond further to this thread to the outcome of this situation.

Again many thanks Luke.
[8D][;)]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts