Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML430 SOLD, 2007 BMW 328i Coupe, 2014 BMW i3, 2019 Honda Odyssey
2,982 Posts
Oh my goodness, I love it! How on earth did you do that?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. it took a while it wire everything up. but its not that hard i used 4 flat prewiered leds from this website hers the link.

Tiny Prewired Surface Mount LEDs - 12V 5050 SMD LED

theres a little spot where in the door handle where you can slip the led though and then justb stick it on the inside of the door handle. then wire all of them to a switch and done

·
Registered
2000 ML430 SOLD, 2007 BMW 328i Coupe, 2014 BMW i3, 2019 Honda Odyssey
2,982 Posts
That's amazing. Probably one of the most simple, yet creative ideas I've seen in a while.

OK, so I see where the wire would be threaded through (assuming through that groove on the inside of the handle on the side that pulls out), now how did you run the wire around that piece of the handle that makes that sharp point? What did you use to adhere it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the wire goes through the front of the door handle and then fish a wire through the inside of the door coming out of the handle. then tape the wire to the led and pull it through. there is a glue strip on the back of the led to stick it on

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.6,.... 1998 ML320, 2005 ML500SE
3,117 Posts
the wire goes through the front of the door handle and then fish a wire through the inside of the door coming out of the handle. then tape the wire to the led and pull it through. there is a glue strip on the back of the led to stick it on

I think that looks really nice.
Could you do something with the photo lighting to show the led mounting and wire routing better? I can't see anything in the above picture.
I would very much appreciate it.
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts