Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again all you good people!

Posted another quistion got the answer so here I am again..
I am mostly do it myself man of course but this I do not understand.
I bought these LED Xenon-White Bulbs H1 Fog Light 12V
to change my old borring fog light bulps with so I went to the garage
and here I must admit because it is not for free this garage buuh I just
liftet up the and car replaced only left side to LED while right side was still original bulp NOT led switched on the light I saw it light nicely..
So I changed the right side aswell and on the swicth but no lights come on!
and found the fuse blown! So here is my quistion because I didnt really tried again with a new fuse I just put back the old bulps and then replaced the fuse..
Should there be anything I should be aware of?
LED should use less power so I wonder why the fuse blow I have even tested the LEDS at home got new ones is same problem as soon as I put in nr 2 LED the fuse blow...

hope somebody can help me out here I dont like the yellowish look from these fog lights I got Xenon in day running light and LEDs with resistance in the parking lights...

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Have you tried to measure the current being drawn via fuse f9 when you switch on the led fog lights? The fuse is rated at 15A.

Remove the fuse, and insert an Ammeter (digital multimeter set to amps range) in its place. It may be that there is an initial surge at switch-on, and it is possible that the surge is so quick that you will not see it. Report here what happens. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried to measure the current being drawn via fuse f9 when you switch on the led fog lights? The fuse is rated at 15A.

Remove the fuse, and insert an Ammeter (digital multimeter set to amps range) in its place. It may be that there is an initial surge at switch-on, and it is possible that the surge is so quick that you will not see it. Report here what happens. :thumbsup:
Thanks Keyhole 2 time now today thank you sir..
That knowledge you got,, hmm is worth gold so thank you for sharing is a huge thing bro

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if there is a electrical problem shouldnt there also be problems with the normal fog light bulbs?
Why only with LED's and no I have not had time to do the meassurement yet soon I will do in this coming weekend..
Else if somebody could reply me on this I be very happy..

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts