1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Well, the fact that you'd be the only person with LED tails on a 1st gen car without changing out the tail lights... that would be pretty cool, and I bet it would look nice.

And, with the squareness of the existing W140 tail lights, I bet those panels would fit well... and the price is right, only $8.00... I'd give it a try, just be real careful messing with the tail lights, and do a perfect install job, so you don't have to mess with them again.

Then again, leaving it all factory OEM will give you one less thing to worry about, but it's your call.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok im going to buy it and this is going to save me from not having to upgrade my trunk. BTW all of your taillight bulbs are 1157 right? Because The manual list it as 21/32 cp somthing..

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
1157 ???

I dont think 1157 bulbs will work in your car...they didnt fit in my 94S420..the pins on the bulbs were in different locations..good luck!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Be aware that LED lights will probably draw less current than standard bulbs which may result in a false bulb fault detection. A power resistor can be added in parallel to the LEDs to increase the current level. Just make sure you calculate the correct power for the resistor or else you could have a small fire in your trunk!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^ That is the problem im having now. I have the halo projector headlights and my lamp indicator comes on when im about to drive. So annoying but yeah i heard alot of people add a resister to them.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I know this thread hasn't been updated in a while, but I am also curious to see how this played out. Hellahfresh, did you ever figure it all out? Please post pics or update us on this.

-Z

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I put a set of that in the overhead light. But instead of LEDs I chose high powered SMD Leds. Super bright white light in the cockpit now. Not sure for the tail light use tho. I got it off Ebay for like $6.99 shipped from Hong Kong. Worked fine for over a year now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts