Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
SLK
563 Posts
hey all - been a long time - how are you all?

I still have my R170 - drive it a bit. The one thing that kills me is having to "slap" my right tail light when i turn my lights on as they are faulty as most people's are.

I have just ordered these LED ones from the same seller.....cant wait to get them. It will legitimately change the way I feel about the car haha.

I know they will come down in price - but I just cant wait. I thought bugger it and just ordered and paid without thinking! Hope they are worth it!

Nick

· Registered
SLK
563 Posts
thanks mate! Will do -

email me sometime if you want at [email protected]

I have sold my black 20's - using the 18 inch CLS55 AMG wheels again.

Might hunt for something different - but am enjoying the more comfortable ride for now!

· Registered
2003 SLK230
1,453 Posts
One thing to remember is that there was a recall of these tail lights by Mb and I hope these new LEd's which I love have the original problem correected. Just a thought.!!! About time we get some goodies as Snog likes to say. Whatever happend to him. One day it was war and roses and now AWOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
1998 SLK 230 KOMPRESSOR
760 Posts
Waiting for a GB!

Aaron Lephart

· Registered
SLK
563 Posts
One thing to remember is that there was a recall of these tail lights by Mb and I hope these new LEd's which I love have the original problem correected. Just a thought.!!! About time we get some goodies as Snog likes to say. Whatever happend to him. One day it was war and roses and now AWOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey mate - this wont apply....

The MB tail lights had a problem (common in other models too) by where the contacts moved in the actual tail lights due to heat most commonly. These tail lights will be manufactured completely differently and use led lights instead of single individual bulbs.

I hate to say it but the quality of these will probably be better than the original MB ones!

Will post pics when done!

· Registered
1998 SLK 230 KOMPRESSOR
760 Posts
Please do! I am most interested in this! I would be most interested in pictures at night.

Lately I have gone from more power to efficiency improvement with my car and allot of other thing's in my life.

All the best,
Aaron Lephart

· Registered
2003 SLK230
1,453 Posts
I emailed the seller and told him we would be intertersted ina G/B for under 3 bills at least. I will let you all know what he says but like Brabus slk says wait unless this seller lowers his price. I would say around $250.00 to $275.00 and even I would join in!!!

· Registered
SLK
563 Posts
Me 2!
Good call Mikey.
If you rush out & buy them now you just get riped off. They will be around for ages just like the projectors & the clear headlights.
The trick is to get as many people in at once from the same seller otherwise price won't come down, I reckon.
I totally agree with this and I know that I have paid a lot for them -

If you can wait - I urge you to do so - as they will drop at least one hundred dollars in price soon.

I am just impatient and I have wanted them so badly for the SLK for so long that I probably would have paid even more - like 500 for them if I had to!

But if you have more patience than me - I urge you to wait!

Having said that - I look forward to getting them and will post high res pics at night time and day time when they arrive!

· Registered
SLK
563 Posts
I just got the following message from the ebay seller.....

Dear nickstillwell,

JUST INFORMED:DELIVERY TIME:7TH, MAY.
DO YOU WANT TO CANCEL IT?

Not very impressed!

I think I wont bother cancelling - will just wait. Annoying though!

Bear this in mind if you buy them.

· Registered
1998 SLK 230 KOMPRESSOR
760 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.