Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1997 E320 Kewtech (In Progress)
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I was going to order some led tail lights, DO any of u have these? and how did u overcome the error code? ANd are the projector headlights like the HID headlights? Will they blind oncoming traffic because of the glare?

·
Registered
2000 E430 Sport
392 Posts
The LED tail lights come with resistors attached. You will not get a light malfunction error. Projector lights are not hid lights. HID means High Intensity Discharge witch consist of a Xenon bulb and a ballast to ignite the bulb. If your car came with factory Xenon lights then you have HID lighting. If not then you can purchase a conversion kit. If you are buying Projector lights get the Depo ones. For better light change the projector inside the Depo lights to E55, RS6, or TL. Then if you want a little more change the lenses in the new projectors to the new ZKW lenses, it will be even better.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Re: the headlights, if you're NOT going to replace the reflectors, then just get the 65W bulbs from daniel stern lighting and have done with it. The inexpensive projectors will look cool, but they'll leave you with far less useful light on the road.

·
Registered
2001 E430
195 Posts
I've had a set of the Eagle Eyes brand LED taillights on my car for a couple years now without problems. Like the other poster said they came with the resistors and didn't cause any error lights.

·
Registered
2001 E430
195 Posts
what is wave led tail lights????? suicidal4life

A couple years back when the higher quality LED taillights were first coming out for the W210 people were calling them "wave" style. Before that most of the aftermarket taillights had a flat plastic lens instead of the "wavy" lens like the stock MB taillights.

Flat style lens

1995-2003 MERCEDES BENZ W210 E-CLASS LED TAIL LIGHTS 96 - eBay (item 170569925184 end time Dec-22-10 19:37:10 PST)

Wave style lens

M-BENZ W210 E CLASS 95-03 LED RED CLEAR TAIL LIGHTS - eBay (item 260684129070 end time Dec-26-10 15:55:49 PST)

·
Registered
2000 E430 (base), 77 450SL, 89 420SEL, 97 E420
295 Posts
Take the advice posted earlier in this thread. Read what Daniel Stern Lighting has to say about HID lighting and you will not want to ever consider them. Unless your MB had them factory installed (only in the last few years), don't get the ones sold on eBay or anywhere else, nothing but problems to come not far down the road. The previous owner of my car bought the ones on eBay which are factory installed (complete headlight assemblies) in China, and replaced the OEM headlight assembly with them. The only way to get rid of them is to get new L & R set - $$$.$$.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts