Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Question is will they be legal over here?
As from January or April (can't remember which) MOT laws are changing, one of which is HID lights will fail.
Not sure what the script is with these?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Those are some very nice lights. Very similar to the designs on aftermarket e90 3-series lights, but nice nonetheless. Only thing I'm looking at, was it just me or did it seem like they were not projectors with a glass lens?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Those look like halogen bulbs with a reflector.

Granted you can't see the main bulbs real well, but the low beam doesn't look like a lense; you can see what appears to be a bulb, and you can't see the bulb through my projector HID lense.

What that appears to be is an LED Halo wired as a daytime running light and with an LED turn signal. You'd be buying that for looks, not for improved lighting. You can get a true LID with "Halo" if you look around, quality varies, so shop carefully.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Granted you can't see the main bulbs real well, but the low beam doesn't look like a lense; you can see what appears to be a bulb, and you can't see the bulb through my projector HID lense.

What that appears to be is an LED Halo wired as a daytime running light and with an LED turn signal. You'd be buying that for looks, not for improved lighting. You can get a true LID with "Halo" if you look around, quality varies, so shop carefully.
Mine has got halogen bulbs anyway so would be an easy fit. They would look better if they had only one ring for daytime running light. They look a bit bmw, but they are good lookers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts