Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere online that all 2011 E350 with Sports Package now comes with the LED "L" fog lights as opposed to the double round lights.

Is this correct? I still see some sport models in the lot with the double round fog lights but I believe they are 2010 models.

Can someone confirm. I'm about to order a 2011 E350 with Sports Package and want to be sure since I much prefer the "L" lights. I don't trust the sales folks.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yeah, all 2011 E's come with the "L" LED lights.

·
Registered
194 Posts
While I like the look of the "L" for lights, they look more like some kind of DRL. How do they possibley work as a fog light?
Michael in Arizona

·
Registered
514 Posts
Actually it's not a fog light. It's a daytime running light (which is on with the headlights as well).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are the North American ones getting the revised design of LED DRL which is being introduced in Europe and looks more like a factory fit than the 'L' shaped ones which looked like cheap aftermarket add-ons ?

Stewart.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As it was explained to me by the salesman...

Round lights on the SE, Hockey-sticks on the Sport but straight on the Avant-garde.
Thanks, so that would explain why the latest ( September ) UK Price List shows the new lights on the Avantgarde but the Hockey Sticks on the Sport.

Stewart.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up my new US Spec Luxury E350 on Friday. And it has the straight LED running lights - similar to the S-Class. Not the hockey stick style.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Someone sent this LED lamp question to me at my blog... I think it may have come from the forum here.

As stated earlier, the 'hockey stick' shaped LED daytime running lamps are now standard on the Sport models, LED daytime running lamps are on the Luxury models (that's what we call them in the U.S. anyway, Luxury), but they're just straight, horizontal. No hockey stick 'kink' on the one side.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
LED

In response to Decboy, You may be referring to the sedan? I have the W212 Coupe and it came with the double round (oval) lights; My options are 104 - Rear Deck Spoiler; P01 - Premium Package; 318 - Wood Trim Package; 321 - Appearance Package. I think there are a few different packages that are available in which LED lights are included. I think I may end up placing LED bulbs in my dual round lights, just to keep that sporty look of my MB. :)

One example of a package with LED:
The Premium 2 package adds ventilated front seats, bi-xenon headlamps, LED daytime running lamps, adaptive high-beam assist (which can automatically dim high-beam headlights when it detects oncoming traffic) and keyless starting and entry.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2011 e350 lux has the twin oval lights. It also has 4 slats in the grill, which seems uncommon. Perhaps some parts are used up on subsequent production runs?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts