Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 230 Kompressor, 2001
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever i start the engine, with the brake pedal pressed, the indicator for burned lightbulbs is lit. I have to turn of the engine, take my foot of the brake pedal and start the engine again, in order for the light to go off.
Any solution?

·
Registered
SLK 200 Year 1999 European
213 Posts
Check all lights... Including the bulbs of the number plate... Indicator for burned lightbulbs is normally "on" for 30 seconds to worn you and turns back off...

·
Registered
SLK 230 Kompressor, 2001
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no burned lights. This is an erroe from the LED brake lights :(

·
Registered
Two 1998 SLK230s, 2003 SLK230 SE, 2002 ML320
920 Posts
If you have LED brake lights, then the ballast resistors could not be connected properly, or there is another bad connection. The light blown indicator comes on and stays on if it thinks the brake light is blown until you turn the ignition off. It could also be the timer circuit for detecting brake lights blown is too short - sorry, don't know how to fix that.
Final possibility is your battery is getting old and the voltage is a bit low on startup, triggering the brake light indicator.

·
Registered
SLK 230 Kompressor, 2001
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The funny thing is that I have this problem only when starting the engine with brake pedal pressed. The same problem is also with the aftermarket xenon headlights: if you start the car while lights are on, you get an error.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts