Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
SLK200 '97 nov
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to recent heavy downpours, the passenger side (beneath the glove compartment) was flooded. Other symptoms include no aircon. Main culprit: leaves clogged the drains. So just wanna tell you guys this is really a quick DIY job. Made a couple mistakes, so here's what you should do.

Remove 2 wipers (there is a plastic cover at each wiper, just remove, nut bolt at each wipers, easy, lastly start pulling. The best way is to make sure the arm is up, it's easier to remove. Also take note one of the arm is longer). 10 min

Remove 6 screws that is holding front plastic guard ( keep them safe! Also there is a small metal clip beneath the plastic guard at each screw, don't drop it! Best to remove them and keep see! Else you will not be able to put back the screws) 5 min

Pull and lift up the plastic guard ( note the plastic guard is held by a strip of the windshield's rubber guard)
Remove the mountain of dead leaves!!! Argh!!
Locate the 2 rain drains at each end of the car.
Remove more muck with my fingers!! Argh!!
Take a water hose and push it into each drain.
Get wife to turn on/off the water and try to flush out all rest of the muck until you are sure the drain is clear ( note: it seems that the other end of the rubber drain is behind the front fender, so it is not accessible) 20 min

Reinstall everything back.

Note. The strip of rubber windshield guard may come undone when you remove the plastic guard. It is best you use your hands and push the windshield rubber strip back in place before pushing the plastic guard back.

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230 Komp; 1989 190 E
4 Posts
Leaves, leaves, leaves clogging the airconditioning drain

Eddietham ....
I have been dreading the moment that finally arrived today after 2 years of parking outside and me cleaning out the windshield gutter as frequently as I could. (I was able to make screen drain covers for the two drains along side the rear window in the trunk opening gutter).
I did not know where to start in search of the drains up front.
Thank you so much for your instructions.:bowdown:
Jasdo in Sarasota, FL

·
Registered
34 Posts
i just did that yesterday, ughh Mercedes should of made the drain plug a lot bigger then what is it now. A acorn cant even fit through the drainer so it gets stopped up really quick. I had a lake in my passenger floor, now im just letting it air dry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts