Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 190E 2.6; 82 300 SD Turbo
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey

i took off my b column trim to retuck my leather that had come out around the seat belt adjust but i am at a stand still icant seem to get behind this adjuster thing? What do I use to secure the leather to the metal??

Thanks,
Kris

·
Registered
2004 ML270
531 Posts
You need to remove the adjuster so that you can properly secure the leather again. The adjuster slides down and then lift the tab so that it rides over the locating lugs and out.

Make sure that you clean up all the old adhesive that is there otherwise you will end up back where you are now fairly quickly.

Matt.

·
Registered
93 190E 2.6; 82 300 SD Turbo
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok,
took out the sliders, tried my best to retuck the leather but there were rips in the leather b4 i started this and now u can really tell, it looks a lot better but not stock like it should...i wonder what 2 new pieces of B column trim would cost me? Anyway, I am having difficulty re-install them, cant seem to the belt adjuster in right. I did find out WHY the leather came out: what happend was there is this padding on the back of the leather and apparently that is what is adheared to the metal, the padding dried-crumbled and poof leather is free.

Thanks for the help all,

Kris

·
Registered
1982 300SD
692 Posts
You may have leather seats, but I believe the B pillar trim is vinyl. You've got me thinking, I'll have to go check mine.
From your pictures, the tear looks like vinyl, too.
Why not just buy some new leather-grained vinyl, and replace the original material? After cleaning off the old adhesive, glue some thin foam padding, like carpet padding to the B pillar. Then glue the new vinyl over the foam. Use 3M trim adhesive spray, and let it dry. Use the originals to make patterns for your new stuff.

Look at the back side of your "leather". Does is have a fabic, ( woven) appearance? If so it is vinyl. There are several weights of vinyl available. I'd get some of the heavy, thick stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts