Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 500 SL
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone know if any w107's that came optioned with leather interior, would be limited to the just seats being leather, or would the door trims, rear quarter trim and soft top cover be trimed in leather also?

Looking at most door trims I have seen they seem to be heat pressed instead of real stitching which would mean they would have to be MBtex.

Were there Leather versions that had real stitching?

·
Premium Member
2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
6,077 Posts
Would anyone know if any w107's that came optioned with leather interior, would be limited to the just seats being leather, or would the door trims, rear quarter trim and soft top cover be trimed in leather also?
The answer is the same, regardless of where it's answered: seats only were leather. Door skins were plastic, everything else is vinyl or MBTex.

·
Registered
82 500 SL
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Scott,

Maybe I was looking for the wealth of knowledge gain by the input of several people rather than that of just one person on the mercedesshop forum.

You have obviously re-enforced the same information, for which I am greatfull, but there was no need to be sarcastic.

Yes your very observant that I posted this on the other forum and I am sorry to force you to open it and read it for the second time.

·
Premium Member
1973 450SL 2004 E320 4Matic Wagon 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
3,210 Posts
Right

Scott is right on. Only the seats are leather.

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
1981 380SL 151K: 2005 S500 116K
39,298 Posts
Scott,

Maybe I was looking for the wealth of knowledge gain by the input of several people rather than that of just one person on the mercedesshop forum.

You have obviously re-enforced the same information, for which I am greatfull, but there was no need to be sarcastic.

Yes your very observant that I posted this on the other forum and I am sorry to force you to open it and read it for the second time.
Damian, if Scott sees a question and he has the knowledge, he answers here and I'm fairly certain he gets it right close to 100% of the time. We frequently poke and nudge each other here and your post count, while still in double digits, would lead most here to assume that you would, at this point, be familiar enough to read his reply to your question and say something like,

"Thanks for the info Scott, you doddering old fool but I noticed that there are some people here who don't post at mercedesshop and I wanted to see if there was a different opinion. Now shut your sunburned gob and let someone else have a say."

We then would proceed to hurl insults and barbs along with our highly informative answers to your question. You would then become a lifelong member of the BW 107 Nation® from which there is no parole.

This is not your usual forum. If you want a forum where new members show up, ask a question and are never heard from again, I can offer a number of sites that will meet that minimal need. BW 107 is, I believe, a better forum where people come for info and stay for years to offer advice and share past and future experiences.

Your reply to Scott showed promise but there was a bit too much defensiveness in it. Please feel free to take another shot at it.

·
39,298 Posts
I vote for Daryn.

·
39,298 Posts
NOW yer talkin'.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Oh, Dig, where to begin? There are so many things wrong here.

Thanks for the info Scott, you doddering old fool
I can still sit in the lotus position, so not so much doddering. How do I know I can sit in the lotus position? I live in California. Old: check. Just not as old as some people here I could mention. As for fool, that's covered in the section about opinions.

and I wanted to see if there was a different opinion
You can have an opinion about presidential candidates (they're all incompetent political whores) or about weather (anything other than top-down weather sucks) but when it comes to things like "what material covers this?" you've stepped out of opinion-land and moved into an area where there are right or wrong answers, unlike thoughts about presidential candidates and weather.

Now shut your sunburned gob
My gob is not sunburned. It's barely tanned. My chrome dome is sunburned and peeling. This weekend will bring more sunburn and maybe more peeling.

and let someone else have a say.
Like I could stop you?

Not that I'd want to.

·
39,298 Posts
Oh, Dig, where to begin? There are so many things wrong here.

I can still sit in the lotus position, so not so much doddering. How do I know I can sit in the lotus position? I live in California. Old: check. Just not as old as some people here I could mention. As for fool, that's covered in the section about opinions.

You can have an opinion about presidential candidates (they're all incompetent political whores) or about weather (anything other than top-down weather sucks) but when it comes to things like "what material covers this?" you've stepped out of opinion-land and moved into an area where there are right or wrong answers, unlike thoughts about presidential candidates and weather.

My gob is not sunburned. It's barely tanned. My chrome dome is sunburned and peeling. This weekend will bring more sunburn and maybe more peeling.

Like I could stop you?

Not that I'd want to.
I was preparing a long winded rebuttal when a thought occurred to me.

As long as we agree on what constitutes the proper number of headlights, what else REALLY matters?

·
Registered
1979 280SL, 1984 280SL
5,743 Posts
As long as we agree on what constitutes the proper number of headlights, what else REALLY matters?[/QUOTE]

The answer is 2, right?

Ohhh, you're talking about CARS!

Chief

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Or cloth.
Not if it was "optioned with leather interior". If I ordered leather interior and my new car had cloth on the seats, I'd be a little torqued off. ;)

·
Registered
82 500 SL
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow,

Maybe Digmenow has got a point, I got far more responses to my question here at Benzworld with just the tiniest sensord retort. Just imagine what the possibilities could be.......

Thanks guys.

PS. HalVaugn.... Gota like Johnny Cash

·
Registered
1989 500SL (R129);2001 R170 230SLK; 1992 320CE
1,036 Posts
Not if it was "optioned with leather interior". If I ordered leather interior and my new car had cloth on the seats, I'd be a little torqued off. ;)
So would I. You are right. I had concentrated on the " everything else is MB Tex or vinyl" bit.

On mine everything is MB Tex and vinyl and cloth This was marketed as a "sport interior" and was a one up from the stand alone MB Tex option.

Don't think this was available in the US.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts