Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
05SLK350 03CLK500
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a four month/1,600 mile old 350 diamond silver with ASH interior. The seatback leather color at approximately one's beltline appears to be wearing off. It's definitely not a soil issue. Also, on the driver's left side bolster, it appears that the seat belt has made small nicks in the finish. I weigh 78kg and don't wear metal, wallets, etc around my waist so I don't think it's an abuse issue. Anyone with either of the light color interiors notice anything similar? It doesn't appear that this is the best leather texure in general. My '03 CLK500's seats with 12,000 miles appear as new.

Also, has anyone contemplated replacing those cheap painted metal finsh dash, door, and brake handle trim pieces? Performance Products has a carbon fiber kit with black/silver color options. I did not get the Vevona wood trim because I didn't think it was a good color accent for the ash interior.

And if you are still reading, I have a NEVER USED set of standard wheels for sale at a good price. Email if interested.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
FIFTHBENZ - 5/2/2005 11:59 AM

I have a four month/1,600 mile old 350 diamond silver with ASH interior. The seatback leather color at approximately one's beltline appears to be wearing off. It's definitely not a soil issue. Also, on the driver's left side bolster, it appears that the seat belt has made small nicks in the finish. I weigh 78kg and don't wear metal, wallets, etc around my waist so I don't think it's an abuse issue. Anyone with either of the light color interiors notice anything similar? It doesn't appear that this is the best leather texure in general. My '03 CLK500's seats with 12,000 miles appear as new.

Also, has anyone contemplated replacing those cheap painted metal finsh dash, door, and brake handle trim pieces? Performance Products has a carbon fiber kit with black/silver color options. I did not get the Vevona wood trim because I didn't think it was a good color accent for the ash interior.

And if you are still reading, I have a NEVER USED set of standard wheels for sale at a good price. Email if interested.
I have the ash interior in mine with 11,000 miles and have seen some wear on the drivers seat where the seatbelt comes over the seat[B)]. The rest of places still look like new...[:eek:)]

·
Registered
SLK 200, Golf V GTI
269 Posts
RE:

I have the exact same problem, at about shoulder height. After thinking it might be from contact whilst getting in and out, I realised I don't even touch that part of the seat when entering/exiting. The dealership thinks it might be a warranty issue, so its booked in for this week. All I can suggest is to get it checked out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts