Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1993 300E, 1995 E320
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my other carpet thread I asked some questions about what brand carpets to buy, and I have gotten several samples from venders that offer better quality than the loop carpet I previously purchased. Now I am confused on what color my carpets are. The sample Palomino swatch from GAHH in there Palomino color and clearly my carpets are much darker.

The car was optioned with 254 "Date/Dattel" leather. I see this code listed as leather parchment (up to 01.01.1972) and leather light brown from 1972 on and not Palomino. The door panels match the Palomino MB Tex (modern version) I recovered some other seats in, but this was the vinyl not leather. Was there a difference in color from the MB Tex seats vs the leather?

And then the carpets are much darker than the Palomino sample sent by GAHH. And to add to my confusion I see there is a Palomino and a light Palomino.

What I am trying to avoid is three very different shades if you will. The carpets and seats, in leather, will be new, the door panels will remain stock.

·
Registered
1993 300E, 1995 E320
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I may be getting closer to finding out my own answers. I "believe" the leather is Palomino and the carpets are Date/Datell. More samples coming.
Leather.PNG
Carpets.PNG

1 - 2 of 2 Posts