Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just gotten around to picking up the latest SLK brochure and noticed that there is an option to have the roll bars covered in the same leather as the seats!!! [8D]

So has anyone gone for this option - is it worthwhile??

Also if I didn't go for the leather, are the roll bars just plastic coated?? [V]

·
BenzWorld R171 Host
SLK350
1,410 Posts
beverage - 2/16/2005 11:48 AM

I've just gotten around to picking up the latest SLK brochure and noticed that there is an option to have the roll bars covered in the same leather as the seats!!! [8D]

So has anyone gone for this option - is it worthwhile??

Also if I didn't go for the leather, are the roll bars just plastic coated?? [V]
I recall that you can only have this option if you order designo leather seats!

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, wonder if I was reading it wrong - will have to check. But got the impression that this wasn't for just the designo!!! [8)]

Anyway it doesn't matter, cause have decided on the black leather interior, and am just gonna stick with the plastic roll bars!!!! I want to get the clear perspex wind deflector, and have seen it kinda grips the roll bars, and figured it would be better on plastic than leather!!! [8D]

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
beverage - 2/17/2005 6:29 AM
...I want to get the clear perspex wind deflector, and have seen it kinda grips the roll bars, and figured it would be better on plastic than leather!!! [8D]
The wind Deflector will not work (fit) with the Designo leather roll bars.

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh well - looks like I'll definately be sticking with the plastic roll over bars!!!!! [:D] [8D]

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ianx, manchester - 2/16/2005 5:54 PM
I recall that you can only have this option if you order designo leather seats!
I checked the brochure last night, and have scanned in the option for having the standard leather trim for the roll over bars, as well as the Nappa and Designo.

I least I now know I wasn't dreaming it up!!!! [8D]

Attachments

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, I'm obviously gonna have to work on my scanning and attaching photos!!!

I'm gonna blame it on the rubbish scanner at work - am gonna try again at home over the weekend!!!! [:D]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts