Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GL450 2005 E320
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching CNBC and heard that there will be a option for leather free interiror on all mercedes. The replacement material will be a like material substitute. Has anybody heard anymore on this??????

here is a link http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=2005-02-07T152430Z_01_HOP755510_RTRIDST_0_OUKOE-ODD-GERMANY-MERCEDES.XML

PS: I would never want a mercedes with out leather [v]

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
they probably sucking up to animal lovers.

Can't think of politically correct way to phrase it now.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Is this the welcome back of MB-Tex?

Not for anything, but MB-Tex is really tough and will last you a long time. Mine still looks like new, for 22 years.

·
Registered
S-500
56 Posts
well i sweat excessively in my mercedes, i mean i guess i could turn the air conditioner on or use the feature that cools you down, but maybe this is more "environmentally" friendly.

·
Registered
1990 190e 2.6 150k
121 Posts
I believe that on your S-500, the compressor is always on, just waiting for you to tell the car to blow cold air, so no point in not turning on the a/c.

·
Registered
S-500
56 Posts
big_b - 2/7/2005 6:13 PM

I believe that on your S-500, the compressor is always on, just waiting for you to tell the car to blow cold air, so no point in not turning on the a/c.
yeah whenever i turn it on cold air comes out right away.

·
Registered
2009 GL450 2005 E320
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with you krille. I don't know about you but I like a good steak and it’s nice to know the hide is going to good use. I didn’t know Angus was an endangered species.
LOL[:D]

But karugs your right MB-Tex is great my uncle has Blue 1976 w123 and the MB-Tex looks brand new. Its also helps that it has been treated like a baby since he bought it in 1977.

·
Registered
A200 Turbo-C230K-S320 CDI-SL55-C63AMG
346 Posts
I think this is in relation to the 'Twin Leather' which is made for a man made substitute. It has been available as a much cheaper option to real leather in Europe for quite a while. I have it on two of my cars and it pretty difficult to tell the difference (except for the smell). I think it will debut in the US on the new M-Class

·
Premium Member
Audi A4
276 Posts
I am already itch!!![:(]
I like the leather interior a lot.

Is it possible to have heated seat for cloth interior?
Just wondering.

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
CLK3.GS3 - 2/8/2005 4:06 PM

BMW's synthetic/fake leather looks pretty good these days.
So as fake jewelery. I just don't want to have a car with "poser" leather.

The biggest pisser about "green" stuff - i don't know if you heard about 97-99 cars have a problem with degrading wiring harnesses the reason was the "green" guys demanded environmental friendly insulation of wiring harnessed, as result they were decomposing on cars.

I don't have anything against "green" guys, if they want - they can buy green cars, but let's not get overboard.

·
Registered
05 SL55, 04 ML500, ML63 on order 997TT launch car on order
158 Posts
Storm. - 2/8/2005 3:55 PM

This whole PC/Green cr*p is getting out of hand now,... seriously!

I'm off to have some meat!
Sometimes I ………….I…………I just want to KILL SOMETHING AND EAT IT![:D] But about the only hunter/gatherer thing I ever did was when my wife asked me to go out and kill a pizza for dinner.
Here’s a loop to think about. When a wine maker decides to go the “green� route and uses a synthetic cork, the cork farmer no longer has a use for his cork trees. Does the farmer then burn them to create grazing land for beef?

·
Registered
s430
14 Posts
it's all about animals and green thing.because as i heared from that report that from 15-20 cow skin needed to produce 1 mercedes benz.[xx(]
guys...i believe more human killed each year than cows!!![}:)]

·
Registered
1996 S600 (Sebastian), 1999 SLK230 Kompressor (Tie Fighter)
638 Posts
i wouldn't give up my napa leather seats nor my organic hand raised beef. in fact all this made me hungry...time to fire up the grill! [8D]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts