Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
slk32
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a slk32 with 46k miles still under factory warranty. i noticed while washing my car one day that the roof was leaking out of the passanger side front little droplets but still anoying. i wanted to know if this could be covered under warranty or will i be paying out of pocket for this?

·
Registered
2001 SLK320, 2001 C320
2,267 Posts
It's either a torn weatherstrip, or the side window needs adjusting. I don't see any reason why it would NOT be covered under warranty...

·
Registered
slk32
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright sounds good ive never brought my car in for warranty service yet. how would u rate mercdz repairs are they fast do they give u loaner car?

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
For loaners, it depends on the Dealer. Some will, some wont.

·
Registered
2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
1,672 Posts
bmjuicer - 4/14/2006 10:51 AM

i have a slk32 with 46k miles still under factory warranty. i noticed while washing my car one day that the roof was leaking out of the passanger side front little droplets but still anoying. i wanted to know if this could be covered under warranty or will i be paying out of pocket for this?
It is covered under factory warranty, but not under extended warranty. Better get it done before the 4 years or 50K mile is up.

·
Registered
2000 SLK 230 Limited
60 Posts
Good luck!I had the same problem after the stealership changed my roof sensors. They ended up not charging me for the labor but the part cost me about $300 (seems like a rip off for the weather stripping).

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2003 SLK230
279 Posts
bmjuicer - 4/14/2006 10:59 AM

alright sounds good ive never brought my car in for warranty service yet. how would u rate mercdz repairs are they fast do they give u loaner car?

The dealership has always provided us with a rental car,but we pay the mileage...Better than nothing .

[:)]

·
Registered
2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
1,672 Posts
landsalmon2 - 4/15/2006 9:42 PM

bmjuicer - 4/14/2006 10:59 AM

The dealership has always provided us with a rental car,but we pay the mileage...Better than nothing .

[:)]
Wow. I just have to bring back the car with a full tank of gas.

·
Registered
C2D SLK32K
514 Posts
tiggerfink - 4/15/2006 11:44 PM

Wow. I just have to bring back the car with a full tank of gas.

Same here.

·
Registered
slk32
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well im getting it fixed no rental car friend had to towed to some place that does work for mercedes or somthing i had a problem with my key also it broke somehow and the car wouldnt start so im getting the roof done and the key replaced supposed to have the car back today hopefully . it suxs cause i just got the car a month ago. lucky this happened un factory warranty at least.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts