Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed after two occasions of parking in my garage that my new 2012 C300 is making a small, wet oil stain on the floor, right underneath the driver side door behind the front wheel.

Both times it has leaked have been when the car is coming in from the rain...it's as if the rain is running off the car and washing a bit of oil onto the ground. Hasn't leaked other times.

Is this something to worry about? Obviously, I have a close eye on things. It it critical that I get this checked right away?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've noticed after two occasions of parking in my garage that my new 2012 C300 is making a small, wet oil stain on the floor, right underneath the driver side door behind the front wheel.

Both times it has leaked have been when the car is coming in from the rain...it's as if the rain is running off the car and washing a bit of oil onto the ground. Hasn't leaked other times.

Is this something to worry about? Obviously, I have a close eye on things. It it critical that I get this checked right away?
Yes it's something to worry about!! No, you probably don't have to get it checked right away, but you should do it ASAP. The longer you wait, the more they're going to have to clean oil off of. My W203 did something similar when it was brand new, except the oil was leaking onto the exhaust manifold and causing a lot of smoke.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts