Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
SLK320
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I have an SLK320 which has an oil leak from where the oil filler neck meets the valve cover. There is a gasket between the neck and the valve cover. I want to replace the gasket but it is not immediately obvious to me how to remove the neck. The neck is plastic and I do not wish to break it.
Has anyone done this ?

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Just wanting to bump this, as I have same problem - no replies to this thread?
I believe to remove this you simply twist it in the opposite direction to tightening the filler cap, but not absolutely sure, if all fails remove the entire cover turn it upside down and you will see how it works, here is the part # for the seal;

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK 320, 2000
21 Posts
How to remove filler neck

Having now done this, I thought I would post how this is done, for completeness for future reference.

The extending tube for the oil filler is exactly that, only required to get the oil filling aperture above the air filter assembly. Once the extension tube is removed, the top filler cap fits the rocker cover exactly. (and same locating principle)

You need to remove air filter assembly first.

So the same way to remove the extending tube as the filler cap itself, a quarter turn anti-clockwise. There is however a tab on the tube that locates on a tab on the rocker cover which prevents it rotating; no doubt so that removing the filler cap cannot inadvertently remove the whole assembly from the rocker cover. I levered the back of the extension tube up slightly with a screwdriver, then rotated 1/4 turn anti-clockwise. It locates with a sprung type of bar so little chance of breaking anything.

The seal Eric mentioned (thank you!) is the same as the filler cap seal - so I have ordered 2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts