Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Ml-320
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 22" OZ Racing Vella's custom painted black. I been debating for awhile if I should paint my wheels. I wanted a new look, so I went for it. I still liked my color matching silver OZ's so I only painted one side. Give's my car two different looks. To go with the "black out" theme, I added a custom Euro black and silver license plate.

Upcoming mods:
-I'm going to tint the front windshield.
-Paint the roof black to give it the panaromic look.
-Install a set of custom coilovers...the rear will sit a little lower.
-Install Infinity 6x9" speakers in the rear hatch

Here are some pics:

·
Registered
CLK500 - ML320
831 Posts
Damn I dunno Stefan, I loved the look of the silver rims, the black wheels just make it look smaller, awesome car none the less... just miss that silver look.

·
Registered
Mercedes Ml-320
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't worry guys, I still have the silver wheels on the passenger side of the car. This give it 2 different looks. Here are pics of the silver rims.

·
Registered
'99 ML320, '83 240D
113 Posts
Wow, that's...extreme! I think the black looks good, but maybe it would look better if you lacquered your brake calipers red or something more catchy. Are those custom flares? Or maybe the lower stance just makes them look bigger. Anyways, you ML looks like one mean street machine (trademark [8D]).

BTW, Where did you get that square piece behind the MB star? At first glance it reminded me of the Mitsubish Outlander.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
chia - 3/30/2005 8:16 PM

Wow, that's...extreme! I think the black looks good, but maybe it would look better if you lacquered your brake calipers red or something more catchy. Are those custom flares? Or maybe the lower stance just makes them look bigger. Anyways, you ML looks like one mean street machine (trademark [8D]).

BTW, Where did you get that square piece behind the MB star? At first glance it reminded me of the Mitsubish Outlander.
Lorinser flares and the piece behind the symbol as well is lorinser ...

The brakes are PRICEY Brembos .. I want them in red for my truck. Maybe in a few months. [:D]

Truck looks good man, the interior is not my style though. Mdd props for being original though.

·
Registered
'99 ML320, '83 240D
113 Posts
Ohhhhh..... I didn't know it was a LORINSER, that would explain a lot!![:D]

I still think the red brake calipers would accent the wheels more.

·
Registered
2002 ML55
624 Posts
Stefan,

Did you have those powder coated black or bought them that way?

If so let me know where you had them done and cost for the labor.

I'm curious because I'm thinking about having my Iforged wheels powder coated the same color as my truck.

Thanks.

·
Registered
Mercedes Ml-320
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
chia, I was thinking about doing red calipers, but I wanted to stick with the silver/black theme.

candrews, I had the wheels custom painted black, not powder coated. I went for custom painting rather than powder coating b/c I wanted a shinnier look.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts