Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
200 -85 / 280E -79
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about 2-3 weeks i finally got my spacers to my summerwheels!
The whole last summer i drove my car whitout any spacers and with ET 35 around the car, and i thought the rearwheels was very too much "into" the car cause the ET was to high.

Well..so this spring i bought two spacers to the rear, 22mm, so the ET is now 13 on the rearwheels!
The car looks much better now whit the spacers!
Or what do you guy´s think?

AND... i have had my grill painted in black for a year now, but i think it don´t match the car so good that it could be!
So i repainted it to the mb original paint (grey) Exactly the same as the color on the "kick-box" under the doors.

And i did the same thing into the front lights also.

I think the front is better now and more "discreet".

Frontlights:

I put together the grill today, but the weather was bad to take photos.

·
Registered
1983 230 E (sold) , 1991 600 SEL (sold) , 1993 300 SE (sold)
505 Posts
Man, your grill looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!
Did you do it yourself? and if you did could you explain the process!!!!!
GREAT LOOKING CAR

·
Registered
200 -85 / 280E -79
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Onkel, I must say your black grille looks MUCH better than this dark grey/matte style one. If I were to hook it up to my car, it would look mean considering my grille is the light grey. Thanks for the pics of how you mounted those extra strips! I might have some fun hunting down those tiny screws. BUt I notice you have no screws on the other (outer) ends? How did you mount the chrome strips on the outer end?

Great looking as always! The dark grey finish is a unique touch, I wondered how it would look like. Your rear wheels look meaner now. Love the stance. I was following another W123 the other day and saw that the rear track was a bit narrow. Did you notice any difference in performance?

·
Registered
200 -85 / 280E -79
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
karugs - 5/8/2005 5:10 PM

Onkel, I must say your black grille looks MUCH better than this dark grey/matte style one. If I were to hook it up to my car, it would look mean considering my grille is the light grey. Thanks for the pics of how you mounted those extra strips! I might have some fun hunting down those tiny screws. BUt I notice you have no screws on the other (outer) ends? How did you mount the chrome strips on the outer end?

Great looking as always! The dark grey finish is a unique touch, I wondered how it would look like. Your rear wheels look meaner now. Love the stance. I was following another W123 the other day and saw that the rear track was a bit narrow. Did you notice any difference in performance?
Hehe i don´t have a black grille anymore [;)]
The outer end on the extra chromes is fasten with the grilleframe! Works very good!
The car is nice with the spacers on the road [:)]

And all of the picture in this thread is on the grey grille. Just used flash on the camera on the last two pic´s. Look´s better in daylight.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
It’s a joke, unc –
lighten up… (jeez…)

Both my MB gassers have
hood pads, perhaps a NA thing.

·
Registered
200 -85 / 280E -79
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OHHHH you guy´s mean under the hood?
No my car have never had that sort of thing! Just dieselw123´s here in Sweden has that sort of thing.
My engine is so quiet...[;)][:p]

·
Registered
200 -85 / 280E -79
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jdc1244a - 5/8/2005 6:28 PM

It’s a joke, unc –
lighten up… (jeez…)

Both my MB gassers have
hood pads, perhaps a NA thing.
Yes i know that now [:D]

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo
457 Posts
hoodpads are so the hood doesnt get hot and heat up the paint and mess it up. Also for quietness.

·
Registered
1985 Euro 300TD Turbo, 1983 Euro 300TD turbo, 1979 Euro 240TD and 1981 300D converted to euro.
2,700 Posts
Every time i lok at that grill it makes me feel good.

Great job.

·
Registered
1985 Euro 300TD Turbo, 1983 Euro 300TD turbo, 1979 Euro 240TD and 1981 300D converted to euro.
2,700 Posts
Every time i look at that grill it makes me feel good.

Great job.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts