Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML430
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm always on the hunt for a better (i.e. louder) horn and this latest one might be the last ! It is that good....!
wFSummMRT%SjslZTQRrA7Q.jpg
rHdCYTCJRVSADUnrt5O+Dw.jpg

And it could not be any easier to install. W163's generally have a few horns onboard. One on the firewall above the fuse box. Believe this one is for the alarm.
Two others in the front wheel wells (on my 2003 ML55. Not sure but I think my 1999 ML430 might just have one). These are easily disconnected and the same
connectors can be used to hook to the new horn. 50/50 chance on the new hook up. If the horn does not operate via your regular horn button..., reverse the wires on the terminals.
I'll try not to rant but nothing pisses me off more than some-nut that is driving and not paying attention to the road. Any number of distractions !!
These babies will make them jump out of their skin !! Super small and uses the same factory mounting stud of the old ones.
Voltage at the terminals using the factory wires produces 12.8V with engine running. Not too shabby !!

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
1,180 Posts
18A is definitely more current than the stock horns. That one will very possibly blow the fuse if you lay on it. Also, have you noticed any delay? Air horns take a little time to sound. Might make them difficult to blip.

I hated the stock W163 horns. Replaced them with a pair from a W124.

·
Registered
1999 ML430
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off..these babies are LOUD !! Second, they are pretty much instantaneous....these are well-built airhorns and NO tubing to the trumpets.Ive been the airhorn route and these have NO delay.......

There is also a 30amp in-line fuse in my wiring ( that was supplied with the horns!)....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts